The Henn House in Burr Ridge is a BYOB art studio, which means you can bring your own beverages and snacks to enjoy while you make a custom wood sign! Whether you want to sample wine and cheese at your wood sign workshop, or serve cupcakes and juice at a birthday party, you’re welcome to bring in your favorite sweet or savory treats to taste while you get creative!
If you’d like to keep your snacks on the healthier side, we have some great ideas for you. These snacks are easy to make and they travel well, so you can quickly prepare them at home in Downers Grove or the surrounding suburbs to bring along to your DIY wood sign workshop.
5 Healthy Snack Ideas
1. DIY Lunchables: Create your own Lunchable snacks by cutting lunchmeat and cheese into squares. Add some crackers for a tasty treat that will remind you of childhood. These are a great option for a kid’s party, or you can choose fancier lunch meats, cheese, and crackers for an adult get-together.
2. Dark Chocolate Almonds: Chocolate and almonds are two foods that taste delicious together. You can easily make chocolate-covered almonds by melting your dark chocolate, dipping the almonds in, and leaving them to cool in the fridge. Then, pack them up for your paint party! Not a fan of almonds? Cover strawberries in chocolate instead!
3. Prosciutto-Wrapped Cantaloupe: This is a favorite snack in Italy, and it’s super simple to make. All you need to do is slice your cantaloupe, remove the rind, and wrap a piece of prosciutto around each slice.
4. Yogurt Parfait: Parfaits are great because there are so many ways to customize this snack. You can use plain Greek yogurt or flavored yogurt, and layer in granola, fruit, chocolate chips, nuts, jam, or other ingredients.
5. Apple Donuts: Apple donuts are a fun alternative to the sugary pastry. Simply core the apple and cut the fruit into rounds (these are donut-shaped slices with a hole in the middle). Top with yogurt, chocolate, honey, nut butter, chocolate chips, sprinkles, or other toppings.